SIWAREX WP231 is the first weighing module for SIMATIC S7-1200 and through this is programmable via the Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Portal engineering platform.
The ability to operate SIWAREX WP231 with or without SIMATIC PLCs offers you the flexibility you need.
The Ethernet and RS485 interfaces with Modbus protocol enables you to integrate the weighing module into different control systems.
SIWAREX WP231 offers four digital inputs and outputs and one analog output. All inputs and outputs are controllable via the SIWAREX module or via SIMATIC S7-1200.
The high resolution of one million parts and the measuring rate of 10ms guarantee a reliable weighing in all of your applications.
The module also offers extensive diagnostic functions for commissioning and operation like trace of weight or monitoring of limit values
The commissioning is either possible via the new SIWATOOL or directly via a connected HMI touch panel.
Thanks to the automatic adjustment the application is ready-to-use in only a few minutes.
The SIWAREX WP231 can be used in following applications:
- Non-automatic scale according to OIML76
- Level monitoring of silos and bunkers
- Weighing in hoppers and platform scales
- Suitable in hazardous application (with SIWAREX Ex-Interface IS)
|Integration in automation systems||SIMATIC S7-1200 |
Other systems via Modbus RTU or ModbusTCP/IP
|Communication interfaces||SIMATIC Bus |
|EU type approval as non-automatic weighing machine, trade class III||0,05%|
|Internal resolution||up to 4 million parts|
|Internal/external updating rate||10ms/100Hz|
- Uniform structure and universal communication through the integration in S7-1200
- Four digital inputs and outputs, one analog output
- Operation also possible without SIMATIC CPU
- Easy commissioning via SIWATOOL or via HMI touch panel
- Extensive diagnostic functions
- Calibratable display
- Flexible adjustment for different requirements
- Theoretical adjustment without adjustment weights
- Modules can be exchanged without readjusting the scale
- Can be used for Ex-applications zone 2